In today’s ‘publish or perish’ academic environment, academics must give their research the best possible chance for publication and impact.
I love working with academics to increase the reach and impact of their research findings. I’ve worked with academics from the following institutions, among others:
Here are a few ways I can help.
- Journal articles: I’ll work with you to make your article as good as it can possibly be before you submit it to your target journal. Whether it requires structural intervention, copy-editing, formatting to adhere to the journals’ guidelines or a final proofread to check for errors, let me help you to give it the best chance possible of publication.
- Books: Editing academic books forms a cornerstone of my business. I can make sure your book flows well, is logically arranged and argued, referenced correctly and presents your research in an audience-appropriate way – whether your target readership is a specialist academic audience or the general public.
- Influencing policy: I love helping academics to translate complex research findings into persuasive and policy-relevant messages. Whether you’re looking for a one-page parliamentary briefing or a full-length report, I’ll make sure your materials influence the right people – from Westminster to the Welsh Government and local councils.
- Influencing the public: Do your research findings need to be translated into appropriate messages for non-experts? I’ll work with you to increase the reach and impact of your research by producing jargon-free, engaging and accessible materials – without dumbing down your ideas.
- Improving your standard of English: I have extensive experience of working with academics with English as a second language (ESL). I’ll make sure the standard of English in your journal article, chapter or book is as good as (or better than!) a native English speaker, so that your readers can concentrate on your research findings – not language errors.
See my CV for examples of the many academic books I’ve edited or proofread, including for the following publishers:
Contact me to discuss your requirements.