I specialise in editing, proofreading and writing in the subjects of social policy, social sciences and social justice.
Due to my career history, I further specialise in working with nonprofits, charities and NGOs.
The following are particular subject specialisms:
- Austerity and welfare reform in the UK and Europe
- Capitalism and neoliberalism
- Charities, nonprofits and NGOs
- Civil society, social movements and social change
- Critical and cultural theory
- Devolution in the UK (particularly the Welsh context)
- Equalities in theory, law, policy and practice
- Gender (including transgender) studies
- Human rights in theory, law, policy and practice
- LGBTQI issues
- Policy studies
- Politics and government
- Qualitative research methods and research ethics
- ‘Race’ and postcolonial studies
- Sexualities and queer theory
- Social class, poverty and inequality
- Social justice
- Social policy
- Violence against women and children
- Women’s studies and history.
I am also conversant in the following subjects:
- Art, art history and visual culture
- Business and management studies
- Counselling and psychotherapy
- Creative writing
- English literature
- Environment and climate change
- International relations
- Social work.
It’s worth noting that copy-editing and proofreading require excellent editorial skills rather than in-depth subject knowledge. However, substantive editing and writing do require subject-specific expertise.
Contact me to find out more.