Copy-editing is great for a document that’s in its final stages. It’s the service to choose when the document doesn’t require major changes in content, but needs a pair of eagle eyes over it before its final proofread and release into the world.
I’ll make sure your document:
- Uses correct and consistent spelling, grammar, punctuation and syntax (conforming to UK or US English, as required)
- Adhere to the ‘house rules’ of an organisation, your target publisher or journal (e.g. in the presentation of headings, numerals, references and citations)
- Is consistent with whatever style guide you’re using (e.g. Chicago Manual of Style, APA or that of your university); alternatively, I can create a style sheet for you
- Is formatted and presented correctly and consistently.
Please see my Portfolio for examples of work I’ve copy-edited.
Do you require a more substantial edit?
Perhaps you require more substantial changes, such as:
- Changing the actual content of the text
- Re-writing or restructuring the document
- Improving the consistency and coherence of your argument
- Ensuring your document achieves its aims for its intended audience and use
- Ensuring your claims are consistent with the established knowledge base and ethically sound.