I specialise in editing, proofreading and writing in the subjects of social policy, social sciences and social justice.
Due to my career history, I further specialise in working with nonprofits, charities and NGOs.
The following are particular subject specialisms:
- Social class, poverty and inequality
- Austerity and welfare reform
- Neoliberalism and globalisation
- Devolution in the UK context (particularly in the Welsh context)
- Charities, nonprofits and NGOs
- Civil society, social movements and social change
- Gender, women’s studies and feminism
- Violence against women and children
- Equalities and human rights in law, policy and practice
- Politics and government
- Social policy
- Qualitative research methods and research ethics
- Sexualities and queer theory
- ‘Race’ and postcolonial studies
- Critical and cultural theory.
I am also conversant in the following subjects:
- Social work
- Business and management studies
- Counselling and psychotherapy
- English literature
- Art, art history and visual culture.
It’s worth noting that copy-editing and proofreading require excellent editorial skills rather than in-depth subject knowledge. However, substantive editing and writing do require subject-specific expertise.
Contact me to find out more.