I have over a decade of experience as a freelance editorial professional working for academic publishers, specialising in the social sciences and social policy (read more about my subject specialisms here).
In addition to my freelance experience, I have worked in-house at the University of Wales Press. Along with teaching me the necessary tools of the trade, working in-house equipped me with first-hand understanding of the publishing world and the pressures faced by publishers. I bring this understanding to my work and to my business relationships.
I also copy-edit and proofread fiction. As both an editorial professional and an avid reader I know how important it is for readers to remain engrossed in the story and characters, rather than distracted by unnecessary errors.
I have provided copy-editing and proofreading services for the following publishing clients, among others:
- Taylor & Francis
- Oxford University Press
- Cambridge University Press
- Policy Press
- Hammer On Press
- University of Wales Press
- Liverpool University Press
- Vallentine Mitchell & Co. Ltd.
- Irish Academic Press
- University of Hertfordshire Press
- Etica Press (for the University of Wales Press)
- Florence Production (for Taylor & Francis)
- Out Of House (for Cambridge University Press)